Sunday, October 18, 2009

GTA: Vice City

Ok, I've played the game before back when it first came out and I was amazed by the graphics. Despite being one of the most controversial and stereotypical game of GTA series, lets face it: Rockstar is very balsy. I give them credit for sticking their necks out there. You beat up a hooker on the street to get money and you kill cops, haitans and cubans just for fun. In regards to the story, a drug deal goes wrong and Tommy tries to solve the situation. The series blows me away of how violence is so significant to the story and becomes justified by rewarding the player. Good thing there is consequence having the cops chase you down. Personally, I found Vice City boring and it reminded me that I never beat the game when I first played it. I'm sure the game becomes more intriguing after the first couple of mission but it never held my attention enough to ride through the whole thing. Yet, GTA 4,the game that raised the bar for GTA series was the first one I beat. Yea, you have the same stereotypical elements from the previous games but the game is so much more in depth. You can even meet game characters from online in the game world. Crazy, cool and weird at the same time. If you never played part 4, give it a try, you'll be taken back by just how much you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment