Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Sims

The Sims. Ive had very little experience playing the game. But I know plenty of what it's about. The article makes a good point about the player feeling god-like as the wife controls her sims characters. Of course that could either be a good thing or bad. What had me thinking is the influence the game had to cause the wife to vent out to her husband because of what his sims character did in her world. Video game and reality can almost easily blend together depending how deep the bond between the player and avatar is. The things you can do in the game is unbelievable but more incredible how it affects the player.

1 comment:

  1. It crazy how video games can be away to vent about our lives. I think the Sims game is a pefect way to do that. I have never played it, but after that article I think I shoud try it out!

    ReplyDelete