Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why the PS3 is the Best Blu-ray Player - Gear Feature at IGN

Why the PS3 is the Best Blu-ray Player - Gear Feature at IGN

Blu Ray discs have definitely replaced DVDs for the HD era. What is interesting is a few years ago, Blu-ray was in competition with HD-DVD. Obviously, Blu-ray won the competition. As you all know, Playstation 3 helped push the success of Blu-ray technology. This game console not only has become affordable for consumers but they get more than what they pay for. As Blu-ray software continues to grow and encompass new advanced features, so will the PS3. Because of the Netflix instant movie streaming software, PS3 shows it is capable of adopting streaming media services. In regards to the price, PS3 initial launch was priced as high as $599. Yea that made any consumer turn away from buying it. Now, the PS3 is priced at $399, making it hard for consumers to turn away from it.

1 comment:

  1. After watching you guys play "Uncharted 2" in the video game class I had to go out and get myself a PS3 along with Uncharted 2. I love it! Best tech purchase I have made in a long time! I have since completed the video game and now I am taking advantage of the Blu-Ray and Netflix technology. This sounds like an informercial for the PS3, but I am honestly speaking when I say that I am extremely glad I got mine.

    ReplyDelete